Lock House is a substantial country house built in about 1900 in the Vernacular Revival style. The Grade II listed property was refurbished and extended in the 1930s for the Harvey family, and in more recent years has been further reconfigured to provide a home of quality and comfort, complete with a leisure complex with indoor swimming pool. Many of the Art Deco features have been retained.
The property is approached from the drive-through a porte-cochere which leads to the fine reception hall with Jacobean style carved staircase. Features of particular note include the elegant south-facing drawing room with a marble fireplace and the Walnut Room with its beautiful panelling. The potential kitchen/family room occupies the former ballroom and is ideal for modern family life.
The majority of the bedrooms are arranged in suites, including an extensive and luxuriously appointed principal suite.
Including the adjoining three bedroom staff accommodation and leisure complex, the main residence extends in all to nearly 20,000 sq ft. In addition there is extensive garaging and a guest cottage. The gardens, grounds and associated land extend in all to about 84.75 acres.
Lock House is situated in an outstanding rural location, in the beautiful countryside of West Sussex. It is approached by a long private lane and has wonderful views to the South Downs. Despite the enviable rural setting, the property is not remote and local shopping facilities and amenities can be found in Partridge Green. The larger towns of Horsham, Brighton and Guildford are about 10, 16 and 30 miles respectively providing comprehensive shopping facilities.