With over one in five kids arriving at primary school overweight the Phoebe project has becomes even more focused and aims at providing balanced nutrition meals. The first months of food are a unique window of opportunity to set out the right eating habits and diversity for later in life and avoid obesity and unhealthy eating.
The Phoebe helps with just that- easyvhomemade baby food recipes that will leave you little one happy, healthy and most of all, full!
Here are two delicious recipes to try…
Millet porridge- a gluten-free breakfast for 6mo+
|milk of your choice||300.00||ml|
- Put the milk and millet in a small saucepan, add the raisins, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Take off the hob and leave to rest with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dusting of cinnamon, fresh berries or steamed fruit.
- Millet is naturally gluten-free and can be found in most organic stores.
- You can use your preferred milk in this recipe.
- Keeps in the fridge for three days.
Spinach Rice- rich in iron and vitamin K (bone health) for 6mo+
- Thinly chop the onion and roughly chop the spinach (if you’re at the beginnings of weaning you might want to chop the spinach thinly).
- In a small saucepan, heat a glug of olive oil, then add the onion and let it soften.
- Add the rice, followed by a little bit of stock.
- Let the rice absorb the stock and then keep adding it little by little.
- It takes about 10-15 minutes for all the stock to absorb on a medium heat. Keep stirring the rice during this process.
- Once the rice has a creamy consistency, add the spinach and let it wilt, this takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the ricotta and some pepper if you like. Stir well and let it sizzle for a minute.
- Serve with parmesan.
Tips: Serve on preloaded spoon if you follow BLW.